Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Research & Development, Medical, Writing/Authoring
Substitute Teacher (elementary)
Substitute Teacher (elementary)
To apply, please visit: http://www.kippcolorado.org/careers/Apply-Now.cfm
At KIPP Colorado Schools, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP Colorado Schools is a network of five high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate students in grades 9-12 at KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, and grades 5-8 at KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Montbello College Prep. For the 2017-18 school year, KIPP Montbello Elementary will educate students in ECE through third grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-11. By the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Montbello Elementary will grow to educate students in ECE through fourth grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-12.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and extra-curriculars, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP Colorado Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
About the Substitute Position
This is an on-call substitute position with KIPP Colorado Schools. This individual will be available as needed to substitute when a classroom teacher is absent. The substitute will communicate directly with the school-based team to determine schedule and substitute needs.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver rigorous, backwards-planned lessons
- Conduct small group math, reading and writing instruction as needed
- Assist teachers with small skill-based groups in the classroom setting as needed
School Culture Alignment
- Work closely with other classroom teachers to deliver lessons and uphold expectations for behavior
- Believe deeply in the mission of KIPP Colorado Schools and that all children can learn
- Establish and maintain relationships with students and families based on trust and respect
- Approach practice with a sense of urgency to maximize instructional time
- Establish and maintain high expectations for academic work and classroom behavior
- Establish and reinforce rules and consequences to maintain positive, focused classroom
- Meet professional obligations such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules
- Collaborate with colleagues and seek feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Reflect on instructional practices to meet individual professional development goals
- Assume personal responsibility for student achievement
- Participate in daily duties (i.e. breakfast, lunch, dismissal) to support school operations
Skills and Qualifications
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to and experience with underserved students (at least 2 years of teaching experience highly preferred)
- Relentless focus on results and a commitment to teamwork
- Substitutes are paid on a full or half day basis.
- PERA participation
- Numerous professional growth opportunities within KIPP Colorado Schools.
- This position will begin immediately.
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Montbello College Prep, KIPP Montbello Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, and KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|