Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||The Ohio State University
||Miamisburg, OH United States
|| Development and Fund Raising
Director of Development, College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences|
Director of Development
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
The Ohio State University
The College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) is searching for a new Director of Development to join its dynamic team. This position will be responsible for maintaining and expanding relationships with major donors and will play an important role as the College seeks to grow from a $30M annual fundraising operation.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director of Development will develop and implement long and short term plans to secure major gifts from alumni, friends, volunteers, corporations, foundations and other entities with an emphasis on gifts of $100,000 and above in support of CFAES.
As a member of the college’s Advancement team, the Director will demonstrate collaboration in building partnerships with internal stakeholders, industry, and individual donors carrying a portfolio that will likely be split with 80% individuals and 20% corporations. A partial portfolio of prospects will be inherited upon entry into the position but there will be opportunity to grow and build a pipeline of donors. In addition, the Director will travel on behalf of CFAES to create, build and maintain relationships with stakeholders in state and out of state.
The CFAES Advancement team operates under these core values: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Relationships First, and Transparency. Individuals who are fulfilled by the process of matching donors with opportunities to fulfill their passion, and those who are passionate about the food, environment and agricultural industry are encouraged to apply.
More About the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
CFAES has identified three Signature Areas that align Ohio’s highest needs with the college’s greatest strengths. They are: 1) Food Security, Production and Human Health; 2) Environmental Quality and Sustainability; and 3) Advanced Bioenergy and Biobased Products. Setting the standard of excellence in these areas means propelling Ohio State to be the preeminent U.S. university in the agbiosciences.
The CFAES environment is complex. It demands the ability to think strategically, creatively and collaboratively; to thrive in a world focused on continuous improvement; and to prioritize your work in order to accomplish your metric fundraising goals. In return, you will be inspired daily by innovation and be supported by and contribute to a strong and extensive network of talented Advancement professionals in University Development. To learn more about this amazing college, please visit www.cfaes.osu.edu.
Why Join Ohio State Advancement Now?
With the recent completion of a record-setting But for Ohio State campaign raising over $3 billion, with $155 million raised by the College, this experienced development officer will be on the ground floor of planning the next campaign and in celebrating the university’s 150th birthday. The time is optimal to join this goal-oriented team as an experienced and motivating leader who enjoys mentoring development officers as well as interacting with deans and faculty to align goals and objectives in conjunction with a new strategic plan for the University, College and Advancement.
“As we approach the university’s 150th birthday, we must re-envision our land-grant role in the modern light of the 21st century.” – President Michael V. Drake, MD
General Expectations for the role:
During first 3 months
• Get to know the team individually and as a group. Work with the team to identify college advancement priorities and how to achieve them.
• Build relationships and plans with Advancement and College partners such as gift planning, corporate relations, donor relations, foundation relations, development communications, and annual giving.
• Build relationships with internal partners such as the Industry Liaison Office, Technology Commercialization Office and Corporate Engagement Office.
• Establish rapport with College academic leaders, prospects, donors and volunteers.
• Begin discovery/qualifications work towards meeting performance goals/metrics.
During first 3-6 months
• Implement lead generation and cultivation strategies.
• Establish solicitation strategies for individual portfolio.
• Work with development team for best practice solicitation strategies and portfolio assignments.
• Begin implementation and set dates for solicitation strategies.
During first 6-12 months
• Begin implementation and set dates for solicitation strategies.
• Continue work towards meeting team and individual performance goals/metrics.
You Need To Know
Aside from the unparalleled benefits of working for The Ohio State University and working in the diverse, smart, safe, fun and growing city of Columbus, Ohio, this opportunity will provide exceptional rewards that arise from working for a land grant institution where you will truly feel the impact of this role while procuring transformational gifts. Learn more here: https://hr.osu.edu/careers/.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
How to Apply
Please visit www.advancement.osu.edu to find out more about University Advancement and apply online at: https://osujoblinks.com/7l21
Questions may be directed to Steph Mizer, Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition and Management at email@example.com.
Qualifications & Requirements
• The baseline of experience we are seeking is at least three years of professional fundraising experience or professional transferable experience (i.e. managing relationships with required measurable output, making calls, conducting face-to-face appointments, creating and presenting proposals, and other fundamental elements of client relationship or sales-related activities)
• At least three years of professional fundraising experience raising the highest level of philanthropic gifts at an organization (five or six figures and above) would be preferred and it would help you hit the ground running if that experience occurred in higher education or a hospital/health care environment
• Lastly, experience working in other advancement departments such as donor relations and stewardship, donor communications and/or alumni relations is desired
The Ohio State University|
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.