Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||ail?id=a0X0W000009mztjUAA" name="url" property="og, con
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Counseling, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
KIPP Through College - Persistence Counselor
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey’s KIPP Through College (KTC) team is looking for a College Persistence Counselor to support KIPP NJ alumni who are in college. As a college persistence counselor you will be responsible for a caseload of primarily first generation college students and will work to support them as they pursue their college degree. College Persistence
counselors will implement an intrusive and holistic academic, financial, and social-emotional advising model that will empower
alumni as they progress towards college graduation. Our team’s big priority is on-time college graduation working towards our aspirational goal of 75% graduation within six years.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Must Haves (i.e. what you need to rock this role)
- Support a caseload of 110+ college students.
- Maintain consistent, accurate, and up-to-date data tracking in alumni database (SalesForce).
- Implement an intrusive and holistic academic, financial, and social-emotional advising model that is aligned to standards and goals.
- Memorialize a roadmap for each student that captures all classes they need to take in order to graduate in 4 years.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders on college campuses.
- Execute transition plan programming to ensure our current high school seniors successfully matriculate to college.
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with first generation, low income and/or underrepresented students.
- Desire and availability to do whatever it takes outside of an 8-hour work day including evenings and weekends as needed in accordance with our belief that we do whatever it takes.
- A belief that all children can succeed and that college is the best way to get there.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A growth mindset and “do whatever it takes” approach.
- Ability to develop and cultivate authentic and impactful relationships that effectively move students towards their graduation and career goals.
- Ability and desire to achieve a balance between warm and demanding when working with high school and college-aged students.
- Demonstrate a results-oriented mentality by analyzing key data points (ex: GPA, on-time graduation status, % successful monthly contact, etc.) and effectively using the data to drive results in advising sessions with students.
Need more reasons to work here?
- Experience with SalesForce
- Comfortable using Excel and Google Spreadsheets
- A car for occasional travel to local schools
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that.
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|