Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Real Estate, Sales, Research & Development
Loan Originator - Senior / Vice President|
Responsible for originating small multifamily loans through the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, cultivate and maintain a local and regional client base for the generation of loan volume.
- Coordinate marketing efforts that include personal contact and print and electronic communications.
- Create an ongoing and expanding relationship with CBRE and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan deal team members that include underwriters, closing teams, analysts, marketing support and loan servicing personnel.
- Work and coordinate with investment sales brokers on CBRE Multifamily listings to improve overall client relationships and transaction efficiencies.
- Actively be involved in or a member of local and national commercial real estate organizations such as MBA, CCIM, Apartment Owners Associations, etc.
- Collaborate with all team members and provide a team approach with professionals in the local office; will also be available for continuous training and/or mentoring of analysts.
- Work within and foster CBRE RISE principles (Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence).
- Lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum three years of experience originating loans required.
- Previous Capital Markets and Multifamily real estate experience preferred.
- Course work or commensurate experience with real estate finance, basic appraisal principals, market analysis and accounting preferred.
- Understand and articulate the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures associated with multifamily real estate underwriting, valuations, market analysis, and investment analysis.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Real Estate Salesperson license required or willingness to obtain.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Responsible for the preparation of borrower credit analysis, including determination of net worth, liquidity, overall financial strength and acceptability of proposed borrower structure.
- Must be able to underwrite income and expenses for multifamily properties to derive net operating income.
- Must understand market fundamentals.
- Responsible for reviewing rent rolls, operating statements, personal financial statements, due diligence information, market research reports and other third party reports.
- Must prepare pricing analysis consistent with CBRE and Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan pricing guidelines.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Other Skills and/or Abilities
Proficient in Microsoft Suite products including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Scope of Responsibility
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.