Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Research & Development, Medical
Math Intervention Teacher
2018-19 Academic Year
To apply, please visit: http://www.kippcolorado.org/careers/Apply-Now.cfm
At KIPP Colorado Schools, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP Colorado Schools is a network of five high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate students in grades 9-12 at KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, and grades 5-8 at KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School. For the 2017-18 school year, KIPP Northeast Elementary will educate students in ECE through third grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-11. By the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Northeast Elementary will grow to educate students in ECE through fourth grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-12.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and extracurriculars, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP Colorado Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
About the Math Interventionist Role: In support of the mission of KIPP Colorado, the Math Interventionist is responsible for planning and managing daily math intervention blocks across grade levels. The Math Interventionist will manage daily fluency practice, blended learning stations, and small group instruction targeted towards below grade-level students. The ideal candidate possesses instructional knowledge of ECE-8 mathematics.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Instructional Planning and Delivery
- Develop standards-based unit plans and daily small-group lesson plans
- Use data from fluency exercises, blended learning, and assessments to adjust short- and long-term plans in order to meet students’ learning needs
- Design and deliver rigorous, backwards-planned lessons based-on assessment data
- Design and implement assessments that are aligned with daily objectives
- Co-plan with grade-level math teachers
- Collaborate with colleagues and seek feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Reflect on instructional practices to meet individual professional development goals
- Assume personal responsibility for student achievement
- Actively participate in professional development, grade level, and department meetings
School Culture Alignment
- Believe deeply in the mission of KIPP Colorado Schools and that all children can learn
- Establish and maintain relationships with students and families based on trust and respect
- Approach practice with a sense of urgency to maximize instructional time
- Establish and maintain high expectations for academic work and classroom behavior
- Establish and reinforce rules and consequences to maintain positive, focused classroom
- Meet professional obligations such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules
- Conduct periodic home visits to build strong relationships with students and parents
- Communicate regularly with families about academic progress and behavior
- Be accessible by school cell phone for homework help and student emergencies beyond regular school hours
- Participate in parent meetings, conferences, and periodic evening events
- Coordinate and lead overnight field lessons both in and out of state to extend student learning
- Participate in daily duties (i.e., breakfast, lunch, dismissal) to support school operations
- Maintain accurate records, grade book, and data tracking systems
- Assist with both student and staff recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mathematics
- Fulfill all state and federal guidelines to meet "Highly Qualified" criteria
- Able and willing to work extended school day hours, including occasional Saturday School obligations (depending on school site)
- Commitment to and experience with youth from educationally underserved communities (at least 2 years of teaching experience highly preferred)
- Relentless focus on results and a commitment to teamwork
This position will begin July 16, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, participation in PERA, and a paid time-off package.
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, KIPP Northeast Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, and KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|