Home > Career Content > Post Content
Career Content Home
Job Title: Veteran Student Specialist
Job ID: 5936
Location: College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Develops and implements programming, services, and learning opportunities for students, promoting the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Administers one or more student affairs programs, providing program management, assistance with policy development, supervision and training of all professional and support staff, budget monitoring, and report preparation
- Serves as a resource to student groups and/or populations as a consultant and advocate for their concerns
- Researches and stays current on higher education programs, trends, and issues with student impact
- Produces workshops and materials support student programs; manages on-line communities; develops on-line social networking activities, and develops and maintains multimedia content on program web sites
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and serving as a member of the Student Affairs Cabinet, the Veteran Student Specialist serves in a multifaceted capacity and participates in the delivery of support services, programs, and activities to a diverse student veteran population to enhance the overall CSI student veteran experience.
The Veteran Student Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Assists with information requests about student veterans at CSI.
- Provides basic information and referral services to student veterans as necessary.
- Provides administrative and program development support to the Student Veterans Center.
- Assists student veterans with the interpretation of VA benefits and college policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the different branches of the military and the Registrar's office to communicate with student veterans regarding the ability to transfer military service credits and military occupational specialty.
- Works with the Career & Scholarship department in establishing internship opportunities for student-veterans with local businesses, government agencies, and non-profits.
- Collaborates with CUNY Veterans Affairs, CSI Veterans Support Team, Registrar's Office, Armed Forces Club, community based organizations, and government programs in an outreach effort to student veterans.
- Uses assessment practices to evaluate the student veteran experience and the programs and services provided by the Student Veterans Center.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student veteran mentors.
- Assists with securing external funding through grant writing to enhance Student Veterans Center services.
Click this link to view and apply for this job!
Posted By: Elynor Moss
Monday, July 9th 2012 at 6:41PM